It’s your lucky day – you have 65 great chances to take a course at Bethel University 2016. That’s 65 great chances to meet new friends, expand your horizons, and learn something cool!
Registration is free and open to ANYONE, regardless of where you live or what your interests. You’ll find something for everyone in our list of course offerings. Space is limited and some courses are filling up fast, so sign up today and spread the word!
Kombucha making? Fat tire biking? Intro Japanese? Screen printing? Hopscotch? We can’t wait to hear what you’re excited about and what you want to share through Bethel University 2016!
We’re now accepting proposals for courses and meet-up groups. So get your thinking caps on and send your ideas in soon. Fill out this quick online form to submit your ideas, or pick up a paper copy (after Jan. 5) at the Bethel Public Library or Bethel Village Sandwich Shop.
You probably have lots of questions. If so, read more about teaching and get links to our FAQ and tips for teachers. If you’d like more help with the form or developing your course ideas, get in touch.
Course proposals are due by midnight, Jan. 19 2016. We’ll respond by the end of January.
While you’re mulling over your options, take 5 minutes to help BU win a $5,000 award! We’re finalists for the Cheryl King Fischer Innovation Award and need your help… please visit this link, scroll to the bottom, create an account, and share what you love about BU and why we deserve to win.
Mark your calendars for March, 2015! Bethel University will be back in town.
The Bethel Revitalization Initiative heard from people all year long, asking when Bethel University will be happening again. We’re very excited to announce that it will be back again in 2015 for the month of March.
Want to get involved?
It takes a lot of preparation, energy and ideas to make BU happen, and we’re starting now. We want to hear from you if you’re interested in contributing in any way – offering ideas, volunteering to spread the word, help plan or hang posters, or add a fantastic new component.
Here are four great ways to get involved:
- Come to the informational meeting next weekWhen: Tuesday, November 18, 7 PM
- Where: Bethel Town Hall
- What: Hear about BU, share your ideas to make it better, and get involved!
- RSVP: let us know you’re coming!
- Sign up to be a volunteer
- Can’t make the meeting but still want to be involved? Don’t want a major role in planning, but still want to help out somehow? We can find a role for you! Send us a message and let us know you’re interested in helping out.
- Start dreaming… Want to teach a course? Want to take a course? We’ll be putting out information on those opportunities after the new year. And join our new email list so that you can be sure to get news & announcements about Bethel University.
- Have a great idea to make BU even better? Get your thinking caps on, dream some big dreams, and leave us a comment or drop us a line and share your ideas.
- Tell everyone you know!
- Share our post on Facebook, in email, or send it to any of your friends who might be interested.
- We’re also helping other VT towns to start their own community universities this year. Know someone nearby who might be interested? Pass the word!
Could your town use some excitement? A new way to bring people together? And help people share their skills and talents?
A community university is just the thing!
The Bethel Revitalization Initiative has heard from a number of towns in the White River Valley Region of Vermont and beyond, many of which would like to start their own versions of BU. And we’d like to help.
That’s why we’ll be offering a free, open information session on November 18 to share what we learned and did to make BU happen. We’ll also make our documents & work plans public via templates that any town can use and adapt. And we’ll open up for a working session where groups from local towns can start brainstorming and planning together.
In the White River Valley, we’re asking other towns to coordinate schedules and each pick a different month of the year so that we can encourage collaboration and attendance without competing. Let’s help each other make this even better.
Interested? Here are three quick steps to bringing the BU magic to your town:
- Sign up to attend our info session on Tuesday, November 8 (it’s free! and fun! and don’t worry, you’re not committing to anything.)
- Tell your friends. Encourage them to sign up too and bring a group from your town so that you can all start discussing the idea together.
- Join our mailing list so that you’ll get all the latest updates about Bethel University & resources for towns planning their own.
Can’t make the meeting? No worries. Just sign up for the mailing list and shoot us a line to tell us your town is interested.