Bethel University 2015 starts in less than 2 months… time to start scheming!
What courses do you want to teach this year? What do you want to take?
We’ll be opening up course proposals in about 2 weeks. We’d love to hear what you’re thinking about or what you want to learn. (Sign up for our email list or follow this blog to receive news about teaching & taking courses.
BU organizers don’t go out and find professors for requested courses, but if enough people speak up about what they’d like to learn, we hope someone will step up to teach!
What other ideas do you have to make BU even better this year? We have several in the making, but we’d love to hear more thoughts.
Our planning team also is thrilled to have new people joining us this year, and there’s still room for more. All are welcome to help with the process in whatever way works for you. Join our planning meetings to share ideas (schedule on our home page), offer to help with a specific task (everything from hanging posters to writing press releases to mentoring student “professors”… and more!). If you have questions or want to join us, shoot us an email here or just come to a planning meeting.
Mark your calendars for March, 2015! Bethel University will be back in town.
The Bethel Revitalization Initiative heard from people all year long, asking when Bethel University will be happening again. We’re very excited to announce that it will be back again in 2015 for the month of March.
Want to get involved?
It takes a lot of preparation, energy and ideas to make BU happen, and we’re starting now. We want to hear from you if you’re interested in contributing in any way – offering ideas, volunteering to spread the word, help plan or hang posters, or add a fantastic new component.
Here are four great ways to get involved:
- Come to the informational meeting next weekWhen: Tuesday, November 18, 7 PM
- Where: Bethel Town Hall
- What: Hear about BU, share your ideas to make it better, and get involved!
- RSVP: let us know you’re coming!
- Sign up to be a volunteer
- Can’t make the meeting but still want to be involved? Don’t want a major role in planning, but still want to help out somehow? We can find a role for you! Send us a message and let us know you’re interested in helping out.
- Start dreaming… Want to teach a course? Want to take a course? We’ll be putting out information on those opportunities after the new year. And join our new email list so that you can be sure to get news & announcements about Bethel University.
- Have a great idea to make BU even better? Get your thinking caps on, dream some big dreams, and leave us a comment or drop us a line and share your ideas.
- Tell everyone you know!
- Share our post on Facebook, in email, or send it to any of your friends who might be interested.
- We’re also helping other VT towns to start their own community universities this year. Know someone nearby who might be interested? Pass the word!